Seventh-day Adventists Believe . . .
- That the Bible is the Inspired Word of God. (2 Timothy 3:16, 17)
- In a personal God. (Hebrews 1:1-3)
- In Jesus Christ, as the divine Son of God and as our Savior.
(John 1:1-3, 14; Hebrews 7:25)
- In the Holy Spirit, the divine Comforter. (John 15:26)
- In regeneration and the new birth, through the acceptance of the gospel. (John 3:1-7; 2 Corinthians 5:17)
- That the second coming of Christ is very near. That it will be literal, personal, and visible to all. (John 14:1-3; Acts 1:11; Matthew 24:30)
- That it is now the time of judgment. (Revelation 14:6-12)
- That man by nature is mortal. (Job 4:17; 1 Timothy 6:15, 16)
- That immortality and eternal life are the gift of God and are received only through Christ. (Romans 6:23)
- That the dead are in an unconscious state. (Ecclesiastes 9:5; John 11:11-14)
- That there will be a resurrection of the dead. (1 Thessalonians 4:16, 17)
- That the wicked will not burn eternally but will be burned up.
- That righteousness comes by faith, not by works.
(Romans 4:3-5; Ephesians 2:8-9)
- That salvation comes as a gift of God and is not received through any merit of the sinner’s. (Ephesians 2:8)
- That the law of the Ten Commandments is the standard of righteousness by which all will be judged and which all Christians are commanded to obey. (James 2:10-12; Exodus 20:3-17)
- That the original seventh-day Sabbath has never been changed by divine authority and therefore all Christians are under obligation to keep it holy. (Genesis 2:2, 3; Luke 23:54-56)
- In support of the gospel through tithes and offerings.
(Leviticus 27:30; Malachi 3:8-11; Matthew 23:23)
- In Baptism by immersion. (Mark 1:9, 10; Romans 6:3-5)
- In the ordinances of humility and the Lord’s Supper.
(John 13:4-17; 1 Corithians 11:23-26)
- In the gifts of the Spirit including the Spirit of prophecy.
(Ephesians 4:8-11; Revelation 12:17; Revelation 19:10)